Wordmaps Indexing Philosophy
What Are Wordmaps?
“Wordmaps” is an indexing approach aimed at selling your books by ensuring that my index fully supports your goals for your book, while also providing your readers with full access to the important contents of your book.
We create indexes that promote the goal of the authors, whether that’s to make money, make a name, earn fame, or entertain.
- Your index will help market your book to your readers.
- It will help enhance your professional or academic reputation.
- Your readers will pleased — they’ll be able to find what they are looking for in your book.
The Wordmaps Process
Wordmaps are developed using the following five steps:
- Identify the goals of the author and publisher.
- Define the primary and secondary audiences for the book.
- Match the content and style of the index to that of the book.
- Whenever necessary, use the index to correct weaknesses in the book.
- Always make sure the index maps the strengths of the book.
- Provide clear explanations for the indexing choices available to you
- Work collaboratively with you to solve any problems that arise
- On-time delivery
- A free report of errors or oddities in your manuscript.
- Layout tips so your index looks its best. Don’t let badly-done layout make your index unreadable!
- You’ll also receive a complimentary one-page Plan of Indexing for your book.
If you haven’t already been there, you may find it helpful to visit my Indexer FAQs. Nancy K. Humphreys, Wordmaps Indexing